This beautiful girl is a Belgian Malinois. Arrow is the total package of beauty and brains. She is about 15 months old and a very active, playful and loving dog.
Arrow lives with three other dogs in her current foster home. She loves to play and would prefer to live with a large, active, male dog(s) in her permanent home.
If you are not familiar with the Belgian Malinois breed, please take time to educate yourself: https://www.woofproject.org/malinois-breed
They are fantastic dogs but not for everyone and not for the novice dog owner.
More specifically, for Arrow:
• NO apartments, condos, townhomes or shared living situations
• A six foot fence is REQUIRED. Malinois are known for scaling or jumping fences – they are great athletes
• You must lead an active lifestyle. She gets 5+ miles of walking daily in her foster home plus lots of play time daily with her canine companions
• She loves to play ball and frisbee
• This is not a dog who will be happy being at home by herself during the day. She would be better with someone who works from home or can take her to work with them.
• Her house manners are impeccable. She is housebroken and has never chewed inappropriately. She does prefer to be allowed on the couch and human bed, but will stay off if you insist.
• We are recommending a home with NO kids and NO small animals. She lives with older kids in her current foster home and that might be a possibility.
• She would be fantastic for an adopter interested in competitive canine sports or obedience. She is super smart, easy to train, and a phenomenal athlete. These are all characteristics of the breed. The breed does demand training, and experienced handlers.
• Experienced homes only please. It is a requirement that you have experience owning a guarding or working breed canine.
• Arrow showed some signs of anxiety when she first arrived in her foster home, but settled in in a matter of days. Her current foster family will work with her permanent family to transition her to her new home gradually and set her up for success.
This is a very special girl who will steal your heart. Are you the right forever home for her?
If you would like to adopt Arrow, please visit our website and apply today!
Please note that we do require a secure fenced yard.
Our hours are by appointment only. IF WE FIND YOU TO BE A GOOD MATCH YOU WILL BE CONTACTED typically within 72 hours. YOU WILL HEAR FROM US ONLY IF WE FIND YOU TO BE A GOOD MATCH FOR ONE OF OUR FOSTERS AND OUR ADOPTION GUIDELINES/PROGRAM. WE MUST REVIEW A COMPLETED APPLICATION BEFORE A POSSIBLE APPOINTMENT IS ARRANGED. NO EXCEPTIONS. All visits with the puppies/dogs are by approved applications and appointments only.
************* We reserve the right to refuse any adoption without justification and not all applications or inquiries may receive a response. *************